PET ASSURANCE PACKAGE
Making quality after-hours care for your patients easy - Available 7 Days A Week
WHAT IS THE PET ASSURANCE PACKAGE?
The Pet Assurance package is designed for your clinic to offer quality after hours care to patients at an affordable price. Your team will have peace of mind knowing that your patients can be collected from your practice by our Critical Animal Transport Vehicle (CAT-V), will receive ongoing supportive treatment throughout the night in line with your treatment plan and will be returned to your practice the following day.
WHAT DOES THE PACKAGE INCLUDE?
- The CAT-V will pick up the patient from your practice and will return them to your clinic the following day.
- The transfer will be performed by one of our emergency team.
- Our vets will examine your patient and work through your treatment plan.
- A phone call from an AAE nurse to the client informing them that their pet has arrived and is resting comfortably.
- Nursing care including routine patient exams, medication delivery, catheter care etc.
- Ongoing fluid therapy as per your plan.
- You will receive an overnight monitoring report.
- The option of us calling you or the client directly if there is need to change the treatment plan.
- You can supply medications and consumables or we can supply them for you.
- Seamless billing. The clinic is billed directly, allowing you to pass on the package in a single invoice with your account.
WHICH PATIENTS ARE SUITABLE?
- Medical cases with a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Stable post-operation patients requiring pain relief medication, fluid therapy or as a seizure watch.
- Most of these patients are stable and mainly need dedicated observations.
WHAT DO I NEED TO SEND WITH THE PATIENT?
- Transfer form documenting your treatment plan, eg: fluid therapy and medication.
- A full history for us to refer to.
- Patient must have an IV catheter in place. This will be charged as normal if a replacement is required.
- Please supply all oral medications.
- Contact information for the patient, ie: details of who to contact to authorise further treatment and associated cost in the case of deterioration in the patient’s conditions. This may be your clinic or the client directly.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE PACKAGE TO YOU?
- The Pet Assurance Package will be billed at $340* to veterinary clinics.
- CAT-V is fitted with medical oxygen, first aid supplies, fluid therapy capability, air-conditioning and secure restraints to make your patient's journey as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
- If you would like more information or have any questions about the Pet Assurance Package or our CAT-V, please contact the Health Care Team at Animal Accident Emergency on 9379 0700.